New fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V p1839

Aquarium Advice Regular
My fish has recently passed on to the big pond.

I have a 12g tank with some java moss and fern with a few Anubis plants.

I want some mollies I think. Or maybe guppys. I'm not sure.

I need some help deciding

V p1839 said:
Can anyone help?

I have both mollies and guppies. With a 12 gallon I would suggest guppies. Mollies require a tank double that size. Guppies are really beautiful as well. Both are livebearers and will have tons of babies. Haha.

I saw endler livebearers they are beautifully colored, maybe a few galaxy rasboras. Chili rasboras, ember tetras, maybe killies. If you go with micro fish you can have like 10 in there but with the endlers they will breed so I would start with less.

Is it the mr aqua rimless tank the fact you have all the horizontal swimming room you maybe be able to have a bit of a different stock list.

I like platy's. I have 2 Mickey mouse platy's and a few neon black high fin variatus. Colorful and active! They are live bearers and will breed though. I'd ask for all female if you don't want babies.

The endler livebearers I believe are in the guppy family they look very similar but only get to about an inch long max so you could have more of them in there. Probably like 8-10

If your tank had no fish in it for a period time after your last fish died the tank has probably lost its biofilter and will need cycled again.

My tank should still be cycled. I had ottos in there for the two weeks I didn't get new fish.

I feed the guppys omega one super color flakes.

I put the bag in for 15 minutes then I added water from the tank in and waited 10 minutes before adding them into the tank

Back
Top Bottom