New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmku

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just added 2 clownfish and a purple pseudo to my tank that already had a green chromis and yellow tail damsel in it. I've looked and found out that the pseudo is a carnivore. Does he need to be fed as often as the other fish, and how do i get meat to him if i want to feed the rest flakes?

Once a day is fine, just what they can consume in a few minutes. Feed them a variety of frozen foods. Formula 1&2, brine shrimp plus, mysis, etc. All the fish you listed should readily accept all of the above. I also feed once in a while with flake foods and pellets so I know I can use my autofeeder when if I am away.

Test frequently and be prepared incase you need to do multiple water changes. You've just more than doubled your bioload in one go so things could get harsh in there for a while.

I added a bacteria supplement just before adding the fish so i hope that helps. I also have 10 gallons of water ready to go just in case

Back
Top Bottom