New Fishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am the proud mother of 6 Danio rerio. lol Yes I am going to the dark side and cycling with fish. The bio-sponges from Angel Plus will here Tuesday, hopefully it will help. I don't mind daily water changes and testing a lot, keeps me out of trouble. :p :fish2: Hopefully these guys will live for a couple of years.

They should do well for you.
Many of us cycle fish without issue back in the day.
Trick is to test and change water..
You're going to do that anyways in the future so no biggy if done properly.
6 fish should be easily managed since you seem prepared.
Good luck..

Go for it Coral.(y) "Fish In" cycling is not "Dark or Evil". IMO, "Fishless" cycling is a step towards the "Odd side". Disclaimer: This is solely my opinion and does not reflect the position taken by many members of this forum. Lol. Good luck.:)

Go for it Coral.(y) "Fish In" cycling is not "Dark or Evil". IMO, "Fishless" cycling is a step towards the "Odd side". Disclaimer: This is solely my opinion and does not reflect the position taken by many members of this forum. Lol. Good luck.:)
LOL love the disclaimer.
I have always done fish-in cycling in years past, didn't have test kits either lol. I stopped in PetCo to get a 2nd air pump and a lady came in with a bag of dead tiger barbs. I overheard her tell the clerk they were in a 5 gallon tank without a heate. :nono: The clerk helped her find a small heater and out they went. :eek:

I believe the Tiger Barb lady needs to join a fish forum.

Back
Top Bottom