New fishy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WillyG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Unfortunately we lost one of the Regal Tangs last week so we've replaced him today with an Orange-shoulder Tang which is mid way through the change from the juvenile colouring to adult colouring. All the fish seem to be happy with the addition but for my Cream Angel who is bothering it a little. I'm sure they'll settle down soon. Does anyone have experience of the general behaviour of one of these Tangs? I believe that they're quite docile when settled but not certain.

You are very lucky to have an orange-shoulder tang. They are much more mellow compared to the other tangs, and are not as pron to ich. It is for this reason that they can easily be picked on by other fish. You have to remember fish are like dogs. They live in a pack family and your fish has to learn its place.

I will. This is just my first SW tank and I want to be able to maintain it quite well before I invest in something large.

I'm currently doing research for a 44g tank for my uncle and if that goes well, my dad wants me to do a 200g, then I can have all the beautiful fishes :D

I went from 44 gallon without a sump to 200 gallon plus sump. I find it much easier to maintain and my fish have never had it so good :)

With a sub you can add moss that will remove nitrates. Also, you can add pipping to run from your sub to main tank adding more water flow. Plus, you can hid the pipping behind rock. I have my skimmer in my sub tank even though I have 200 gallons I have a skimmer for 400 gallons, which sits directly in my sub tank so mo worries about overflow ^^.

Henry405 said:
ah, I see haha

I upgrades from a 75 gallon cost me 4k >.< it is still a work in progress I am waiting for my nitrate reactor before I put any of my corals in it. It still need to add some more sand. It is 360 because all the pipping goes through the bottom and nothing on the sides. The upgrade was well worth it since my fishes arn't babies anymore :p

Attachments

• image-1429866709.jpg
    image-1429866709.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 121
My tank cost me my knee... (aka around 7k of my accident claim)
I love the look of the 360... There are so many things I would have done different if I had see what all could be done. Oh well this is a fun hobby and the upgrades seem to keep coming.

I upgraded from a 75 to a 200 gallon with sub tank...no way I would pay that much for a 75

Back
Top Bottom