New Heater???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just posted a thread on what filter I should get and now I'd like to hear ur guy's opinions on what the best heater is for a 29 gallon tank!!!

By the way, thanks to everyone for helping with the filter!!!!

I like the fluval m or e series. Have had them for a few years without issues. Do not get a fluval elite they are garbage.

As long as it has a thermostat control so you can turn the heat up if you need to (breeding or the ich) it will be fine. The one heater that are just plug in means on and unplug means off and there is no temperature setting suck! Of course pick one that you won't mind seeing all the time, and that it has a nice long power cord. I always get one that is bigger then the recommended size, so that I don't have to worry about getting the tank temperature up.

Aqueon heaters are really good. Fluval heaters too but the fluval m series(correct me if I'm wrong) cannot be fully submerged. At least that's what fluval says. Top fin heaters are good IF you get a good one. Top fins are a pain to dial in temperature. If it was me I'd go with aqueon hands down. Im running 3 aqueons and have no issues. They have very good customer service as well.

Aqueon heaters are really good. Fluval heaters too but the fluval m series(correct me if I'm wrong) cannot be fully submerged. At least that's what fluval says. Top fin heaters are good IF you get a good one. Top fins are a pain to dial in temperature. If it was me I'd go with aqueon hands down. Im running 3 aqueons and have no issues. They have very good customer service as well.

That is what fluval says but it can be submerged

I have a 300 watt fluval e series, 150w eheim jager, and a 50w aqueon heater (non pro)

the fluval is my least favorite because unless you have very good flow across the heater it will not heat the tank. However when you do get it working properly its very stable. The display is very nice to check the temp with, and its also very easy to adjust the temp

the eheim jager is best performing heater IMO, it heats the tank without any issues. My only complaint is the temp on the dial is way off from the actual temp and you must monitor the temp very closely the first day or two get the proper setting.

The aqueon is "cheapest" heater i have but its only one that i was able to put in the tank, let it adjust to the temp, set the temp i wanted, then plug it in and go. The only downside i can find with this heater is that it does take some time to heat the tank (which really isnt a bad thing because you dont want to shock the fish with quick temperature swings)

if i were to buy one today it would be between an aqueon pro and an eheim jager. I would really like to see more development with the fluval e series before i bought another one.

Back
Top Bottom