New here, been awhile since FW! 46Bow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slammed01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HELLO!

Glad to be here, after selling my SW tanks due to 2 babies I'm back! I've had 55 FW in High School, 60ish hex, 29 FW that went SW, 46 bow that was reef, 54 corner reef.

Scored a 46 bowfront, stand and equipment from a divorce sale so I couldn't pass it up for $100 with everything. I know 46 is limited on african cichlids, not looking to go crazy.

Currently has a Penguin 350, aqueon 36" LED lights with 3 strips and 2 moonlights haven't checked out heater and other equipment. What all is needed for freshwater cichlids? May do a canister later in addition to HOB.

Im looking at aragonite and pool sand mixture, how much sand is recommended to get 1-2" sandbed. Best way to cycle, is there instant cycle to add to help speed up?

Looking into dwarf cichlids but not sure where to find locally ugh. Friend has some babies he was willing to give to me but they are I believe electric yellows and electric blues.

with a 2-1/2 yo and 5 mo old wish me luck on trying this adventure! LOL

Just didn't have time to mix SW and maintenance, figured save time and money and try freshwater this time

Back
Top Bottom