New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsjas01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new here today and I am new to the aquarium community. We have four goldfish and a blue snail. At the present time we have an orange goldfish named Nemo, a white goldfish named Whitey, a white and orange goldfish named Bubbles, a black goldfish named Blackie, and a blue snail named Patches. Tonight when we came home the snail was floating in the tank, I smelled him and it did not smell bad, so I put it back in the tank and will keep monitoring. Maybe it could sense the earthquake today! Any oither suggestions?:fish1:

:welcome: to AA! :)
I am new here today and I am new to the aquarium community. We have four goldfish and a blue snail. At the present time we have an orange goldfish named Nemo, a white goldfish named Whitey, a white and orange goldfish named Bubbles, a black goldfish named Blackie, and a blue snail named Patches. Tonight when we came home the snail was floating in the tank, I smelled him and it did not smell bad, so I put it back in the tank and will keep monitoring. Maybe it could sense the earthquake today! Any oither suggestions?:fish1:
Not to be nit-picky, but what size is this tank? Are they commons, comets, or fancy goldfish? What is the water quality, as in ammonia, nitrites and nitrates? How often do you change the water? What kind of filter? That could all factor into what happend to the snail.

Also did you cycle? If not, read these two links!
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

We only have a 1.5 gallon tank. We have three commons and one fancy. I change the water every 1-2 weeks. And we have a carbon filter. I do not know about the nitrate, ammonia, etc.

We only have a 1.5 gallon tank. We have three commons and one fancy. I change the water every 1-2 weeks. And we have a carbon filter. I do not know about the nitrate, ammonia, etc.

...That's a hefty bioload for the tank. If you get the chance to, please read the links above! They will help you greatly. :)

In that small of a tank with those fish I'd be changing the water every day, two times a day. Goldfish are not meant to be in small tanks like that. Why?

See here:http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/goldfish-a-psa-153329.html

Back
Top Bottom