new hydor powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I randomly bought a powerhead today at my lfs. Its a Hydor Hydea K30. When I put it in the water and plugged it in it just vibrates but doesn't push out any water. I looked at the little turbine thing and it wasn't spinning very fast. Anyone know how to fix this? Or should I just return it?

I'd just return it. You can play around and see if you can get it to work, but if I buy new equipment and it doesn't work straightaway, that tells me it's not going to last anyway.

Do make sure you've got it primed, but it should be more than capable of priming itself.

I know this post is a bit old but I thought I'd add my two cents. I would return it like neilanh said. You should get what you paid for... a working powerhead :) I just found a powerhead that i had sitting on the shelf for almost 2 years and submerged it, plugged it in and it was running in less than 10 seconds. I'd say you have a damaged one! Go get your money back or exchange it :)

Back
Top Bottom