New light questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slindsay6117

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a used appollo reef led light from lfs but it doesn't have a place to plug in a controller, I have a 29 gallon tank and the white lights are extremely bright, I looked all over
for info on this light but can't find any info on it, only the dimming version. My question is
since I'm not able to dim it what would be a good lighting schedule, I don't want t bleach
my corals but I want to make sure I'm giving them enough light to grow. 100 percent seems
to be a lot of light to have on 6 to 8 hours a day. Any help would be much appreciated, I've had my tank running for about 8 months now and most of my info has came from this forum, hoping
to learn enough to be able to answer other people questions in the future! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Whats the led wattage of the dimmable one? 95% of the time they make two exact models one being dimmable the other non-dimmable. How much room above your tank to do have to move the light? Pictures and more info on your tank with the fixture will help us in telling you what you should do or try.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The closest thing I could find to mine was 55 x 3 watt bridge lux LEDs, with 90 degree optics, royal blue 453nm, uv's 405nm, and high noon whites 6500k. I have it suspended from the ceiling so I can move it up and down, right now I have it about a foot above the tank. I will try to get some photos today when I get home to give you a better idea of what it looks like, the corals I have are some zoas, Kenya tree, frog spawn, hammer coral, Duncan coral, Xenia, and a red chili monti, I recently won in a raffle at my lfs some purple hornet zoas and and some so called Japanese zoas, the are really colorful and everything seems to be doing well, the frogspawn I had to move to the top because I was worried about the amount of light he was moved to the bottom and was only extending about half way.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If they are doing well then the light might not be too much. Just watch them to make sure they dont get bleached. If they start bleaching then move the light higher. Most leds require a 6-14" off the waters surface.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom