New Member With A New Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turbojha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Dear Friends,

I have recently bought a freshwater aquarium with 10 fishes in it. I need to know the most important things I need to know so that I can avoid any harm to my fishes in any way. Here are some of the things I would like to know..

Q 1. How do I deal with Nitrogen Cycle ? (I know why it happens but I wanna know how to deal with it effectively)

Q 2. How many times should I wash the spongy thing in my filter, I have heard that it contains good bacteria.. so I am confused how many times to clear it in a month ?

Q 3. I would like to know the names of all the fishes I bought. I don't even know the name of any fish save for two, which is gold fish and guppies.. that i recognize.. apart from that, I need some serious help... I would try to upload the pictures of all my fishes with serial numbers if i can..

Q 4. How many times should I feed my fish in a day ?

Q 5. Since I am an impulse buyer so i bought the aquarium (10 Gallon) without any research which I now know was a mistake to begin with but can anyone please clarify how not to kill any of my fishes in it. I am a student and this is one of my new hobbies and I can't buy a new aquarium just now.. so I need all the help I can get, also I don't have any money left to buy too many fancy stuffs, so please recommend only those things I can't do without.

Here are the pictures of my fishes...

Well, it turns out, I can't add pictures here..

:(

So uploading a small video to help you figure out the names of all the fishes..

1. Lots of water changes
2. Get used aquarium water and clear debris once in a while
Last one. Water changes

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ans1. Change 10% to 30% of water in a week .

Sent from my Micromax A177 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ans2 in 7 to 10 days

Ans3 . pls send pic

Ans4 . tow Times is OK. I feed 8 am & 8 pm

Back
Top Bottom