New nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrwizard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, so I couldn't resist and have bought myself a 40litre nano tank with twin marine lights not sure what make yet as I'm picking the tank up Thursday, not sure what to stock with tho, I already have my 400litre reef, I was thinkin either a pistol shrimp and goby pair or maybe some seahorses, anyone have any ideas? Here's a pic of the tank..

Attachments

• image-838231434.jpg
    image-838231434.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 99
mrwizard said:
Hey all, so I couldn't resist and have bought myself a 40litre nano tank with twin marine lights not sure what make yet as I'm picking the tank up Thursday, not sure what to stock with tho, I already have my 400litre reef, I was thinkin either a pistol shrimp and goby pair or maybe some seahorses, anyone have any ideas? Here's a pic of the tank..

Cool FYI

That's a cute little tank! I wouldn't recommend seahorses as the salinity and other parameters might fluctuate due to the reason that there is minimal water volume so more room for error. I think a clown goby and a type of dartfish (purple firefish) would be awesome! That goby/shrimp combo would be awesome, but idk if they would have enough room/sand to make a burrow.

obscurereef said:
That's a cute little tank! I wouldn't recommend seahorses as the salinity and other parameters might fluctuate due to the reason that there is minimal water volume so more room for error. I think a clown goby and a type of dartfish (purple firefish) would be awesome! That goby/shrimp combo would be awesome, but idk if they would have enough room/sand to make a burrow.

That's what I was wary of with the seahorses, I think I will skip them, from what I've been reading they seem like too much work right now lol.
I'll check out the firefish and clown goby, with the pistol shrimp and goby combo I'd make it just for them, I think I could make it work if I take my time with the rockwork. Still unsure tho, I'm just looking for more ideas really, something different.

Convict2161 said:
Can't wait to see what this looks like when your done

Thanks, your bio cube is the inspiration behind this tank lol your bio cube is just amazing, one of the best tanks I've seen honestly! If I can get it anywhere near as good as that tank I'd be a very happy man!

mrwizard said:
Thanks, your bio cube is the inspiration behind this tank lol your bio cube is just amazing, one of the best tanks I've seen honestly! If I can get it anywhere near as good as that tank I'd be a very happy man!

Thanks for the kind words!! Really appreciate it man

Convict2161 said:
Thanks for the kind words!! Really appreciate it man

You've earnt them. (y)
I need to post on your thread in a second, I want to know the name of one of your corals lol

Back
Top Bottom