new ottos just added to 135 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kickeralpine

Aquarium Advice Activist
well just added 5 ottos to my tank there a really cool little fish all over the glass got them from my local fish store. and when i seen them there they where what you guys on here said to look for fat and full of life there tanks are pretty dirty there so i knew they where eating good. never had them before so this is a first for me i have brown aleg in my tank so they got lots to eat for now. and ideas on what else to feed them would be great.

Algae wafers are always a good choice. The sink. To make sure the Otos get them, feed right before lights out so the other fish don't see them.

Algae wafers and a variety of veggies as a supplement is good. My otos will hang out on a piece of zuc for quite a while.

I have yet to find anything my ottos like to eat, Im getting concerned.

I've heard they won't touch algae wafers.

I dropped a veggie wafer in last night at lights out, and this morning it was gone, so hopefully they got some chow.

I find that mine like lettuce and spinach. I blanch it and clip it in the tank. It needs to sit there for a day or two before they will touch it. I just leave it there until it is gone.

Zucchini is a great hit with mine. I chop it up in discs and freeze it...then just thaw a piece when I need it. I think freezing and thawing makes it a bit softer than it would be otherwise and the otos love it.

I'll try lettuce since that's readily available, and I'll have the Mrs. pick up some zucchini this week too. Thanks for the suggestions

Back
Top Bottom