new plants at LFS...I grow crazy (finally with pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gheitman

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS got a new shipment of aquarium plants in last Thursday and I have made three trips to get plants between then and today. Here is what I got so far:

Monosolenium tennerum (2 bunches)
Cryptocoryne ciliata
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'green' (2 bunches)
Rotala rotundifolia
Potamogeton gayi (3 bunches)
Ammania
Rotala macrandra
Peruvian Ludwigia
Wisteria

These plants are being split among four different tanks with one 20 gallon being almost completely replanted. This is my first time with Monosolenium tennerum and Rotala macrandra so we'll see how those do.

I decided to strike while the iron was hot and bought some more plants today. I picked up another bunch of Ammania along with some dwarf hairgrass. This was the largest shipment of plants my LFS had received in over two months and rarely do they have some of the plants that require higher light levels.

I finally took some pictures with most of the plants in the tank the way I want them. I just want to add some Ludwigia repens, move the Ammania and then let the plants spread out.

I've seen tremendous growth from the Potamogeton gayi in the short time it has been in there. And the dwarf hairgrass is doing well too. Some of the plants are already starting to send out runners. The Ammania senegalensis is not doing well and I plan to move it to a brighter spot in the tank. I did the same with the Ludwigia peruviana and it is starting to do nicely.

Neither the Monosolenium nor Rotala macrandra did well in this tank so I had to remove them.

Attachments

• aut_0417_144.jpg
    aut_0417_144.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 25
  • aut_0423_748.jpg
    aut_0423_748.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom