New real rocks :legit;

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So bottom line u guys think the rocks still aren't safe for tank?

You will never be 100% certain, but if it was me, I would take extra precautions and do everything suggested at least once. I like the idea of soaking it in water with double dechlor. Water is the key to removing toxins through dilution. Having the dechlor absorb into the rocks would make me at ease. Also, I would definitely test the effects on PH. While soaking, test the PH before and after to see what happens.

Trickerie said:
You will never be 100% certain, but if it was me, I would take extra precautions and do everything suggested at least once. I like the idea of soaking it in water with double dechlor. Water is the key to removing toxins through dilution. Having the dechlor absorb into the rocks would make me at ease. Also, I would definitely test the effects on PH. While soaking, test the PH before and after to see what happens.

I never test my water :/

Btw, throwing a wet rock in a fire is MUCH MUCH different then putting a rock in a pot of water and bringing it to a boil! It's the rapid change in temperature that would make the rock explode, not a slow and gradual temperature increase.

Btw, throwing a wet rock in a fire is MUCH MUCH different then putting a rock in a pot of water and bringing it to a boil! It's the rapid change in temperature that would make the rock explode, not a slow and gradual temperature increase.

Agreed. But it is the same as pouring boiling water on a cool rock. All I am saying is be careful. I for one, will never boil/bake a rock. You don't know if there is an air/water pocket in the rock.

These are the rocks I used tank looks half good aka half tank looks good but idk what wrong with other half... Trial and error i guess

Attachments

• image-3527323927.jpg
    image-3527323927.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 32
This is what I do with rocks:
-Soak for 20 min. In 5 gallons water, 1 1/2 cups bleach.
-spray down hardcore with hose/sink
-soak in bucket with 3x prime for 30 minutes then change water and 2x prime.
-once they don't smell like chlorine anymore, I rinse in hot water and let cool, then put in tank.

Back
Top Bottom