New Reefer!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same thing here, both to the dusters and the light

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In a small tank like that I would try a pair of tank raised clowns and a nice host anemone as the main inhabitants. Being tank raised they will take to the small size much better than wild caught. ;) Then fill with a couple coral and dusters.

but the goby/shrimp symbiosis would be neat as well. I would try for some "theme" for the fish inhabitants where there is a lot of interaction between them, such as a pair of clowns or a symbiotic pairing like the goby/shrimp.

As I look at my new 30 gal, covered in brown uglies, I envision a tank teaming with macro algae, lots of little critters and seahorses.
That is probably a year or two away before the tank itself is ready for that.
Sometimes it's hard to explain to the wife that it's an ongoing process,
not just wham, bam, there's the fish man! :blink:

In a small tank like that I would try a pair of tank raised clowns and a nice host anemone as the main inhabitants. Being tank raised they will take to the small size much better than wild caught. ;) Then fill with a couple coral and dusters.

but the goby/shrimp symbiosis would be neat as well. I would try for some "theme" for the fish inhabitants where there is a lot of interaction between them, such as a pair of clowns or a symbiotic pairing like the goby/shrimp.

As I look at my new 30 gal, covered in brown uglies, I envision a tank teaming with macro algae, lots of little critters and seahorses.
That is probably a year or two away before the tank itself is ready for that.
Sometimes it's hard to explain to the wife that it's an ongoing process,
not just wham, bam, there's the fish man! :blink:

Could I have 1 clown 1 blue green Chromis and 1 purple fire fish for the fish

IMO no and a nem in a tank that small is a bad idea as well. My 2 clowns are tank raised and they're much to big for a 10. I dislike chromis a lot so no comment there but the filefish would be fine

I currently have a chromis, ten is far too small. They grow and swim A LOT.
Yes on the fire fish with the clowns, maybe with the other gobie, but could present issues.
Trust me, when you are limited to a few choices, you want something other than a "collection" of fish, you want something "unique".

Symbiotic relationships, be they fish/anemone, fish/shrimp or fish/whatever, or pairings, will ultimately provide you with more enjoyment than an assortment will. ;)

IMO no and a nem in a tank that small is a bad idea as well. My 2 clowns are tank raised and they're much to big for a 10. I dislike chromis a lot so no comment there but the filefish would be fine

What type of clowns are they?
I've had/seen pairs of Ocellaris and Percula in that small of set-ups with no issues.
Most other types of clowns do grow too large, I will agree.

I have a pair of ocellaris. They were in a ten for a bit but got upgraded. They were to large for it and they do enjoy swimming

Back
Top Bottom