New Rimless Tank: Heater, and LED Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbtravis91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,

I recently got a new tank after being out of the hobby for a few years. I bought a 60 gallon Marineland 24" x 24" x 24" rimless cube.

However, I need help with a few purchases.

1. Heater - I had problems with heater failure in previous tanks. I was initially leaning towards a 300W JBJ True Temp. Since then, I've seen some people claiming that these heaters may not kill your fish, but they invariably stop working after 6 months. Is this accurate? Regardless, what are some other good, reliable heater/regulator combinations I can look at?

2. LED Light - I'm making a planted tank, and I'm completely out of my depth on this one. This is sort of a two part problem. First, what LED lights should I get a for a deep, plant intensive tank? Second, what's the best way to mount a light fixture without using a heavy duty ceiling fixture?

Well if you are going for high light than a Finnex Ray 2 or Finnex Fugeray Planted+ would be good. For medium light just a normal Fugeray would do fine as well.

I use the Aqueon submersible aquarium heater and it works well.

Back
Top Bottom