New Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skmackley

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i am buying a Fluval Ebi, and planning to keep Red Cherry Shrimp,
i have no idea what to do, about -

Water, i use Tap water, my tank comes with ShrimpSafe De-Chlorinator.

Heating, what heater for the 30L , i got recommended to use 50watt?

I want to do a planted aquarium, but want to see my shrimp? What is easy, they love, cheap and looks nice.

About Co2 i got tubing from my air pump to air stone but i dont know about diffusers ad reactors and what to get.

The tank light is fit for shrimp and helps plant grow.

The substrate is like a soil that is safe for shrimps and plants grow.

I don't know if you're meant to restrict the plants roots:/ but how do you grow them?

And food i don't know when in meant to feed them and how much an most certainly what?

I am thinking of a equal ratio of shrimps like 10 shrimps 5 boys 5 girls? And breeding? i heard its easy to do and fun.

What temperature ('C) should the water be? and my house we usually have 5-20mins power cut. And maybe an hour in the winter but thats uncommon, will my shrimp be ok?

And any other extra information on cycling and testing plus any other help will be grateful,

Thanks.

Sam.

Obviously don't feed the too much, as over feeding is deadly to shrimp too. It's also recommended to not feed them for the first 24 hr so they can scavenge and become accustomed to the tank. After that, they will eat almost anything. Algae wafers and normal flake food are fine. If you feel like treating them, you can boil a carrot or zucchini till they are really soft and drop it in. They will love it. They will also eat the algae that grows in the tank at a fierce rate.

thanks, can you help me with some other questions or get someone that will :)

Ill help where I can :) I dont understand liters or celsius so cant heop there.
For plants:
You want easy to grow so dont bother with co2. You want to go with plants you stick in and they grow. Anubias, java moss, water wisteria, and water sprite are good. If you have to much light you can use some frogbit.

For shrimp:
Your tap water is most likely fine. You should dechlorinate with prime as it will nutrilize alot of stuff other dechlorinaters wont. As long as you dont have an extreme ph or too low gh (below 3-4....or was it kh....) anyway rcs are very easy to keep.

Btw breeding is not a matter of trying. It is a matter of it WILL happen and what will you do with the babies? Lol

Ill help where I can :) I dont understand liters or celsius so cant heop there.
For plants:
You want easy to grow so dont bother with co2. You want to go with plants you stick in and they grow. Anubias, java moss, water wisteria, and water sprite are good. If you have to much light you can use some frogbit.

For shrimp:
Your tap water is most likely fine. You should dechlorinate with prime as it will nutrilize alot of stuff other dechlorinaters wont. As long as you dont have an extreme ph or too low gh (below 3-4....or was it kh....) anyway rcs are very easy to keep.

Btw breeding is not a matter of trying. It is a matter of it WILL happen and what will you do with the babies? Lol

well this tank is 7 gallons and work in fahrenheit. you still need co2 don't you:0 i want things like drift wood, crypts, flame moss, java moss, stargrass,willia porentus (don't know how you spell it) golden gaudilli (don't know how you spell it)

so prime is like a more advanced de-chlorinator, well with this tank it comes with this shrimp special made de-chlorinator? keep the babies or sell them or put them in another tank on their own

well this tank is 7 gallons and work in fahrenheit. you still need co2 don't you:0 i want things like drift wood, crypts, flame moss, java moss, stargrass,willia porentus (don't know how you spell it) golden gaudilli (don't know how you spell it)

so prime is like a more advanced de-chlorinator, well with this tank it comes with this shrimp special made de-chlorinator? keep the babies or sell them or put them in another tank on their own

Ok 7 gallons will be great. You can have at least 70 shrimp in there. Prime is one of the best dechlors out there. I dont recognize the last 2 plants but all the others should be fine without co2 except maybe the stargrass (I dont know anything about it).
If I ever get overrun with shrimp I will probably feed them to my leaffish however you can do whatever you want with them.

Ok 7 gallons will be great. You can have at least 70 shrimp in there. Prime is one of the best dechlors out there. I dont recognize the last 2 plants but all the others should be fine without co2 except maybe the stargrass (I dont know anything about it).
If I ever get overrun with shrimp I will probably feed them to my leaffish however you can do whatever you want with them.

yeah im starting off with 10 shrimp and then keeping the babies, i'll get prime, ohh, crypts will be fine, i want bright and colourful plants, also natural, haha! nice dinner:p

yeah im starting off with 10 shrimp and then keeping the babies, i'll get prime, ohh, crypts will be fine, i want bright and colourful plants, also natural, haha! nice dinner:p

Well colorful plants usually do need co2. Green is the only color that doesnt usually.

im wandering with my plant i need CO2 ? for the ones i have anyway, put i got recommended to not have a co2 set up but to put this liquid in to give the plants co2? I'm very confused about

fertilisers? what and why and which one
CO2? what one, liquid or bubbles
and other things regarding plants. and growing them

Back
Top Bottom