New shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I have had a 20 high for sixth months now and have had fish in for five months. I have finally decided to turn it into a shrimp only tank I have ordered 20 Taiwan fire red shrimp and they will be coming in tomorrow, I have ordered repashy shrimp soufflé for them to eat, almond leafs, banana leafs,a sponge for my filters intake.

How often should I feed them what else should I feed them. Any other info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You want to only give them what they'll eat in 1-2 hours. Take a few days to figure out the amount but start small, and work your way up till they're taking about an hour and a half to eat what is put in.

Also, it would probably be best to not feed them the first day. Give them some time to acclimate and become more comfortable in the tank.

Is molting issues a common cause of death? How Do I prevent this?

I dont know how common it is, but I know its possible for them to die if they have problems molting.

I think diet plays a big part in molting success. They make special foods for shrimp and other crustaceans to help them with the process. Also, theyre particularly vulnerable for a short period afterwards (a couple days I think) while they wait for their new shells to harden.
The water's pH and Hardness factor in as well, but I believe diet is the main thing to be concerned with.

Hey guys I am going to the store today to buy some more java moss for my shrimp tank. The tank the java moss is in is a turtle tank with endlers and shrimp. Could the turtles carry any deceases or bacteria that can harm my shrimp???

Back
Top Bottom