New shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mogurako

Aquarium Advice Addict
fresh from Taiwan! Received shipment of 20 Carbon Rilis last night, this is still a fairly new color morph that has only been on the US for about 4-6 months. The strain I got it very active and they are still running around tank like crazy people. There's allot of line breeding opportunity with these guys I can not wait to start developing this stain to my liking. Please excuse the pictures just quick snaps from my phone, they are also very speedie.

img_2315350_0_c92119da3e2aed174627c16e2a2def5c.jpg

img_2315350_1_7719d930db6afce2c316222eef3ad48c.jpg

cooooool.....I've been eyeing carbon rilis for a while, but so many shrimp to keep, so few tanks to keep them in :facepalm:

Did you get them from speedie?

cooooool.....I've been eyeing carbon rilis for a while, but so many shrimp to keep, so few tanks to keep them in :facepalm:

Did you get them from speedie?

Price is also a huge factor for these guys that keep allot of people from picking them up. They are still pretty new and fetch a high price tag of $10-25 per.

I didn't get them from Speedie, I got them from Bob.

Price is also a huge factor for these guys that keep allot of people from picking them up. They are still pretty new and fetch a high price tag of $10-25 per.

I didn't get them from Speedie, I got them from Bob.

Ah, I see. I just saw speedie's new ad, showing off carbon rilis so I wondered :) I'm holding off on buying some until the price goes down a bit, because I currently don't feel like paying $15/shrimp for neos :lol:

Ah, I see. I just saw speedie's new ad, showing off carbon rilis so I wondered :) I'm holding off on buying some until the price goes down a bit, because I currently don't feel like paying $15/shrimp for neos :lol:

All Neos were priced that way when they first came out, it will take awhile before they are below $10.

Very interesting, hadn't seen these, love blue shrimp! :cool:

They are mostly black and clear, however some do have blue in them because they are derived from Blue Rilis. That's why I was saying there's allot of line breeding potential to produce higher grades out of this strain. If I were to grade the group I got I would say I got a mix of A, S and S+.

Back
Top Bottom