New Tank 29 gallon finally up and running. Have a few questions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobzond

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well in finally got ,y sons first 29 gallons freshwater tank up and running. It was set up yesterday for his birthday. I know it's still early but I have a couple questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. The water looks a bit cloudy, is this normal? I am running an eheim 2213 is this enough?

Thank you

bobzond said:
Well in finally got ,y sons first 29 gallons freshwater tank up and running. It was set up yesterday for his birthday. I know it's still early but I have a couple questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. The water looks a bit cloudy, is this normal? I am running an eheim 2213 is this enough?

Thank you

Here is a quick pic of the tank not sure if you can see the cloudiness or if it'd just the camera

Attachments

• image-1969463972.jpg
    image-1969463972.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 67
Yes, that filter is more than sufficient for a 29 gal, good choice. The cloudiness is normal; probably from the sand or from filling up the tank; it should settle. Good luck!

bud29 said:
What fish are you planning on putting in the tank?

Not sure 100% sure. I was think about tetras and Bolivian rams and possibly 1 small gourami. What do you think?

Back to the cloudy water, it looks like the flow from the spray bar is kicking up the sand and causing it to cloudy up. the spray bar is mounted to the left facing forward. Solid I give it more time and see what happens?

Back
Top Bottom