New tank 55bow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scubasteve77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Found a 55 gallon now front this weekend free to good home! Got it home and set it up in garage next to my 150 gallon project. Tested it out to make sure no leaks and I was good. Came with stand, aqueon 300w heater emperor 400 hob filter Devore light and glass lid. So I cleaned it up and painted the back dark gray. Gonna wipe it out one more time then decide what I want to do with it!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466653304.771028.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466653317.386300.jpg

I'm actually totally stuck I have to think about it for awhile. A neighbor is telling me to take the plunge and go salt water. I would like to but don't think I want to in this tank. I want a drills tank to do a sumo if I do salt. I do know where a drilled 75 is sitting around though.... Lady told me $50 it's mine... So who knows. Cichlids planted discus community red bellies just to many options. I'm leaning towards planting this tank with a couple Angels and some tetras and neons. And maybe doing a big cichlids tank in the 150. Just bought 2 API XP/XL canisters so now I have plenty of filtration between the 4 emperor hobs and new canisters. I'm thinking about getting a couple in line UV lights and I need a couple more heaters still. So I got time to think about the contents still.

I was told the tank was a 55 I did some research to find it's actually a 46... No biggie still a nice tank. I was playing with some decor items to see if I found something I liked. What do you guys think of this?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466816979.240917.jpg

Lol delapool, yea I actually have a pile of homemade fake plants and another 2 small and 1 pretty large piece of driftwood. And I have a lot of limestone and slate pieces like 5 milk crates full. The substrate was a bargain. It's meramac landscaping stone. Got it from the landscaping store down the street they let me fill a 5 gallon bucket for free. Came home and rinsed it over and over for a couple hours and put it in.

The top piece of driftwood I mounted on a stainless steel L bracket and it hangs on the back. I like the look of that. First time I did that.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oh and I added water and began the cycle period. So now the waiting game ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Amazing tank!! Giving me ideas for my new Christmas present ha

Back
Top Bottom