New tank advice for cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konstandino

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can't seem to go to sleep, too excited over this Cichlid drama, but I am now thinking of another question. It seems that one must think into the future as far as Tank size and types of Cichlids that can live together.

I know I am asking for extreme details, but as much info as possible would be extremely helpful! :D

Moving forward, let's say I purchase the 75gallon or at least something between 55 and 75 depending on how much it will cost. How many Cichlids and live together healthfully in there, or course keeping their character to less aggressive and not Red Devil Category. :facepalm: I know everything depends on size of fish, type of fish, character level etc.

What is the next level after 75, without going all the way to 155g, because I'd need a second mortgage for that! :hide:

What is the Cichlid to Tank Ratio? Just a general Idea? Obviously keeping their characters to medium or low aggression. Unless I choose all aggressive breeds which will drive me insane. As I've only had experience w/ a Red Devil/Midus hybrid and (so far) a seemingly calm Rose Queen - (Until she gets a bit bigger)

Lord, what a loaded question, but I just want to eventually have a beautiful tank with many different kinds and colors. What is the most intelligent way to do this?

55gallon: Out of question unless 1 or 2
75gallon: 2-4 Cichs?
100gallon: 4-6?

Can a Rose Queen cohabitate w/ most Cichs? Or will I again be limited to one fish in a tank. I've seen Youtube videos where several aggressive fish are in tanks w/ less aggressive fish.

Is the size of the fish the main issue? Is it buying them all at once so there is no territory craziness? Tank size obviously. If you have a Red Devil or Rose Queen are you basically screwed? LOL :banghead:

It seems like they are ostracized for their aggression and issues.

Please Help!

I CURRENTLY HAVE A Red Devil and a Rose Queen and trying to decide what to do as the Red Devil is EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE and had to seperate them after introducing the new Rose Queen. I have a 20 gallon tank which is not good. I'm open to all suggestions. Please Help me out!

Thank you in advance.

Konstandino :fish2:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom