New Tank Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VolpeRossa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:wave:Hi, I'm getting my first tank from a friend who is upgrading and need some help with set up and what kind of fish to get. the tank is between 10 and 20 gallons(shes not sure which one shes upgrading) and i want some types of cory cat or pleco. so my questions are these... how do i go about setting a tank up for this type of fish?:confused: and can plecos be kept in tanks by themselves?

:thanks:

Knowing exact tank size would help. What are the dimentions? It could be a 10,15 or 20. What you can do in a 20 is much greater than a 10. Yes plecos can be kept solo. With a small tank go with a small breed such as bristlenose or clown. Cory's maybe salt and pepper or julii. Plecos have large bio loads so be sure to have extra filtration!

That site is a good starting point for getting a general idea but it is not a good idea for the final word. If its only 10 gallons then you should not get a pleco period. Even with a 20 I only suggest a smaller species like a bristle nose. Pygmy cories would be alot. Better of a fit. You can do panda cories too but they need at least 5 to be happy so I would go with pygmys.

Back
Top Bottom