New tank mate and decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChanEKC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got this Violet Goby from my local fish shop last weekend and it was a little frustrating cause I couldn't find alot of info on them. All I could really find is that they are brackish, like sand and ate blood worms. With how my tank was set up before there were not alot of places to hide cause my other fish are really social and he kind of just stayed in those spots and didn't move and was not coming out to eat, I was getting pretty worried so today I went and got some new driftwood and the barnacle caves. That helped alot! In the full tank view he's hanging out in the barnacles but he was all over the place and finally ate some blood worms, I wanted to get a picture of him out in the open but he's really fast and my camera isn't all that great. He's about 4" now so I look forward to watching this guy grow to 18". I'm a little upset about my barnacles because when I bought it it was so much larger and when we got home my sister was bringing in the bag and she tripped and most of it got smashed up so what is in the picture is all that survived I'm also not sure how to get another one because it was the last one they had and I haven't seen anything else like it around here.

Attachments

• 2016-11-16 23.42.07.jpg
    2016-11-16 23.42.07.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 20161116_193850.jpg
    20161116_193850.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 62
  • 20161116_193800.jpg
    20161116_193800.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 63
He is doing great! He doesn't eat nearly as much as I thought he would, but he is alot more active than I was led to believe.

Back
Top Bottom