New tank transfer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sucks, get that water changed and everything should bounce back. Sorry you lost the little guy.

So now my tang has disappeared overnight im beyond pissed cause i cant look for snother 10 hours im shutting the hobby down sorry guys and gals

Ive had three reef tanks, a ten gallon, a 35 gallon, and now my 75 gal, so far the 75 gallon has been the hardest and toughest to maintain. To me a small sumpless tank is way easier to take care of.

It's hard to get everything to stabilize brotha! Jus wait it out, we have all lost a tang or two and they show up an hour or so later. With bigger tanks, there are a lot more places for them to hide, esp with a sump. He will show up!

He was dead sucked on to my powerhead. No moe fish in my tank as i have ich and i dont want to catch all my fish

He was dead sucked on to my powerhead. No moe fish in my tank as i have ich and i dont want to catch all my fish

Treating a tank with ich is not impossible by any means. Most of us have gone through it and with a powder grey, it's very common. Most powders get it of another fish looks at it wrong. What all do you have in the tank as of now?

A sunshine damsel, a bi colour chromis, a lawnmower blenny and a clownfish. The tang was the biggest fish as well

A purple tip condy nem, which is about the size of a volleyball, which is host to my clownfish, a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, no hermit crabs, 2 turbo snails 3 nassarius snails, and 3 astrea snails.

A purple tip condy nem, which is about the size of a volleyball, which is host to my clownfish, a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, no hermit crabs, 2 turbo snails 3 nassarius snails, and 3 astrea snails.
Ok, the reason I asked is because ich is a pain, but definitely not impossible. You can do several things to get rid of it. You can soak all food in Zoe con, or just Zoe. It will help build up their immune system and help fight it. I always use this when I help out others and it works great. Plus you don't have to quarantine anything in order to do it. The bottle should last you around two weeks. Usually by then they are done with it. There are other harsher methods but u have found this effective in most cases. There is light! Don't quit, you can do it brotha!

Ill try the zoa con, ive been soaking food in kents garlic gaurd. I bought some metronidazole by seachem as it was fairly inexpensive, i want to add a tang so bad but i cant afford to keep loosing them to the ich thats in my systrm already by adding them to an ich tank. All my other fish build up an immunity, and my clown is able to keep clean with his nem so he hasnt had a problem but i see white spots on him occasionaly

Ill try the zoa con, ive been soaking food in kents garlic gaurd. I bought some metronidazole by seachem as it was fairly inexpensive, i want to add a tang so bad but i cant afford to keep loosing them to the ich thats in my systrm already by adding them to an ich tank. All my other fish build up an immunity, and my clown is able to keep clean with his nem so he hasnt had a problem but i see white spots on him occasionaly

It sounds like you may just want to keep treating for a while, let your tank mature a bit more and then go from there. I would wait a few months before adding anymore fish. It will help all the way around but by then the ich will sure to be gone. Also, why don't you consider going with a yellow tang. They are very hardy and do well in a 75. They will add some nice color in there as well and they will eat everything in site.

A yellow is all I have, it has survived a clown tang and powder blue illness. I love them very colorful and to me kinda a tank tradition. Sailfins are sweet also. Sorry to hear about all the bad luck, I've had a lot of issues in the past with other tanks, very discouraging. My watchmen I've had since 08' was missing for six mouths till he came out, pretty bad when that was when I had my 12g nano lol. Just keep your head up

Hey sorry i haven't been posting lately! Ive been dealing with fish dying:( i lost my tang and my damsel to ich. Wont be adding anymore fish for a few more weeks, although I did just purchase a HUGE long tentacle anenome for 50 bucks. Its bigger then my head ! And its foot is almost as long as my forearm! Im picking it up at 530 and going to be adding him tonight. Hope all goes well.

Sorry about your losses. What treatment are you using for ich? I just added a court jester goby 2 days ago and this morning I noticed a white spot on his tail fin. Not sure if its ich but if it is I'll need some ideas for treatment.

I used reefx. Worked like a charm, also dosed kents garlic extreme and used metronidazle as a food soak for infected fish

It's good to use preventative measures and quarantine if at all possible as well. I use marine Maxx almost anytime I add a fish and it also goes through a quarantine. This will save you a great deal of trouble esp when you get to a bigger tank and it becomes a problem to catch the fish or treat the tank as a whole.

Don't want to hijack your thread Dim. Thanks for the info, I'd love a Qt tank but space is an issue. Good news is my court jester goby doesn't have ich. No spots today! Yay.

ForumRunner_20130518_141638.jpg

You may still have ich in the ank it falls off the fish for a few days then returns :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom