new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smann

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

First tank, first post. I have a 90 gallon with a wet dry, fish only no live rock( I wanted fish only with fake coral) Tank has been going for 4 weeks with some fish that my local guy said would be good for the cycle. Last week fish not eating, sluggish, ammonia and nitrites off the chart. Following my local guys advice Saturday I changed 20% of water and everything was great fish reacted immediately, everything was great fish were eating lots of energy. Monday I tested the water, ammonia was o, Nitrite was high 1.0 but much better. Today I tested the water and ammonia was still o but Nitrite was off the scale again, ph and salinity were good. Fish are acting fine but I don"t want to keep diluting the cycle. If my ammonia stayed at 0 why did my Nitrites shoot up again. The only other thing is I added an in sump protein skimmer Saturday.

Thanks in advance

Not sure on the carbon, they put a few carbon packs under the drip plate of the wet dry

Back
Top Bottom