new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalfa96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so im cycling my tank and it has fish in it i know its bad and im doing everything to keep them alive im new to this but i have four anubius nana in my tank and two amazon sowrd and two of my anubius nana are orange and look like they have hairs in them what does that mean i took them out becuase i didnt want it killing my fish i keep my ammonia at .25 no higher while it cycles i have a 10 gallon

Its probably plant melt. This is a normal symptom of a plant acclimating to its new environment.

Plants are cultivated immersed rather than submerged and have ready access to CO2 from the atmosphere. Once they go in your tank the CO2 is significantly reduced as the leaves are now below the water line. The plants need to adjust to this and leaves going brown and dying is part of this process. New growth will be suitable to live fully submerged. Its possible you could lose all your original growth, just remove any leafs that look dead or dying.

Back
Top Bottom