New tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolute_noob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a real good friend that has given me several tanks over the years (6 I think.......135,10,20L,29,etc., and the newest one, a Nano-Cube 24 DX.
Have never used ANY for water (never knew they could be resealed... 135 started leaking, and he was throwing it out) I just use them for scorpion tanks (flat rocks, desert hairies, etc.), plus I am a "tank hoarder".

BUT, I think I want to use this 24gal. Nano-Cube for saltwater (made 03/2008). Ballast is out (Pony ballast only 14.00 at Amazon) and the 2 fans went out. They are supposed to use 50mm fans I think, but they have 60mmx60mmx15mm in there now? confused....but doesn't take much!
He had given me 2 MH ballast years ago (dual 400w MH, and diff. bulbs,hood...[pulse start], and a Lumatek dimmable 250w MH/HPS), and I thought about getting the glass canopy, and using the 250w. (spent today learning about live rock, SPS, LPS, and the light they all need)

Brand new to ANY aquariums, but my friend can help me out with the saltwater tips (live rock, fish, etc. he has spare........lol) and the girlfriend is pretty slick with freshwater, so........should be OK.

....oh,Did get a 29 gal. (filled it up with water this morning to start the leak test) a 20L Zilla Critter cage, dual stand, heat lights, bulbs, Whisper 40, hood, etc. for 60.00 on CL last week, and think I want to set that up for freshwater.

Back
Top Bottom