New to aquatics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all

Id like some feed back on my 20tall set up please.

All peramiters.
Ph 7.8
A 0
Ni 0
Na 10
Water on the soft side

1 Betta
5 H. Rasbora
1 Oto
4 Amano sh.
2 td snail
2 nerite snail

Heated to 77
2 aqueaon 10 filters
25% changes wkly
Live Planted only
1/2 gravel and 1/2 sand separated substrates
15watt florecent 12 hrs
20" fugeray LED 8hrs (idk watts)

Id like to get started with co2 but im not sure how any of these species fair with it?
Also hows my stock?
Any high waste producers?

Attachments

• 1477112562912.jpg
    1477112562912.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 49
Td snail?

I would grab a few more oto and one more harelequin. I would also add some floating plants.

Nice setup and welcome!

Stocking looks fine. Betta is gorgeous.
As for the lighting, expect low lighting from this fixture at this depth.
56djTg0h.jpg
The Ray2 is around the middle of medium lighting at 18". The fluorescent tube should help some. The plants should be fine, however, you may see the DBT on the DW (assuming it is Dwarf Baby Tears or HC Cuba) reaching upwards because of the lighting. The trailing pattern of the runners in the pic is a good sign. As for CO2, the other plants in the tank should be fine without it but you will have better success with the DBT with it.
What CO2 equipment have you been considering? GLA is on the higher end of the spectrum ($$$). I went with the AquaTek Premium regulator plus an adapter so that I could use paintball tanks (because of the convenience). This is on a 20g long tank (12" tall).

Td snail?

I would grab a few more oto and one more harelequin. I would also add some floating plants.

Nice setup and welcome!
Thank you, i plan on another Harley when i can find on thats of equal size to my guys in the tank.
I dont know if i produce enough algae fir any more than 1 Oto and a couple snails?!?

Back
Top Bottom