New to site and aquariums in general

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

genie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! My name is Jen. I'm 23, and I'm a baker as well as full-time college student in Missouri. For Christmas this year my best friend gave me a betta in a 2qt tank. Being completely new to aquariums and fish I followed the directions on the food and water conditioner that came with my fish from my friend, and he did really well up until recently, when a growth appeared on his side. He died shortly after.

Before getting a new fish I wanted to do research, and I found that while my fish was happy in that small tank with a lively personality and appetite, he was probably just glad to be out of that little cup and have clean water. I bought a 5 gallon tank (Marineland Eclipse Hex 5) but haven't done anything with it yet, because I'm educating myself on cycling and proper maintenance for a 5 gallon tank.

I joined because I'd love to learn more about keeping fish, and how to keep my aquarium healthy. I plan on getting another betta once my tank is built. I'm terribly excited!

Back
Top Bottom