New to SW, need stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beengirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all! I've had FW 30gal for 4 years, has a couple of giant goldfish that my daughter "won" (teacher just didn't want to take care of the fish over summer break) on last day of school four years ago. So now I've started a 54 Gal SW corner tank. Set up couple weeks ago, has cycled with 45# LR and 80# LS. Am going to slowly add the following fish, want to check if anyone has suggestions on the order of stocking (BTW, there's a small bangaii cardinal that I put in this week):
1 Australian black percula
3 blue reef chromis
1 Auriga butterfly
1 bi-color angel
1 fairy Melanurus wrasse
1 Chalk basslet
1 starry blenny
Will add these over the course of months, of course, just trying to make the stocking as easy as possible. I will also add some more snails and couple crabs. I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Welcome to AA!

That stock list looks to be a little heavy for the 54 Corner tank, but I'm sure others would disagree with me on that. Are you planning on keeping corals? The auriga butterfly and possibly the bicolor angel will give you some trouble if corals are part of the plan. The bicolor angel can be tricky to feed sometimes- I would suggest asking the shop to feed it in front of you. IMO, never buy any fish if you do not see it eat. You have chosen some really nice fish, I'd say you're going to have fun with this tank. Good luck!

Stocking order

Thanks for your help!!

I haven't quite decide whether to have corals or not. Got an LED light in case i want to, guy at the store said it would be okay with coral if I decide to have them. I read somewhere that if a bicolor is purchased when it's a juvenile, it can be raised on frozen food and will be less likely to bother coral- that sound right?

I'm still debating whether to have the basslet and wrasse or not, they'll be the last added if I get them.

For the rest on the list, are there any that are especially shy and should go in first?

Thanks for any help you can give!!

I have a chalk bass and im going to get that same wrasse. The chalk is very peaceful and doesnt bother any fish i have. If anything, he is the one who gets bullied and i even added him second! The wrasse is peaceful as well from what i hear and very active and colorful.

Back
Top Bottom