New to this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I am be getting a 30g tank in like 2 weeks so the mollie would only be in there for a short period. I was really hoping that would be alright, my mom just told me I was getting this tank, so I am hoping it will be alright!

Tabathalouisee said:
Well I am be getting a 30g tank in like 2 weeks so the mollie would only be in there for a short period. I was really hoping that would be alright, my mom just told me I was getting this tank, so I am hoping it will be alright!

A thirty gallon is plenty for a Molly. But why not get the Molly when you get the tank? That way you can get a few Mollies

The responsible thing to do would be to wait until you have the 30 gallon tank.

A 30g tank has a lot of options! It is definitely in the best interest of the fish to wait until you have that tank before getting anything like a molly. Sometimes, new tank plans can fall through.
Did you look into ember tetras or chili rasboras? I have embers and they are very active and brightly colored.
Once you get the new tank, why don't you make a thread about stocking it so people can help you?

A 30 gallon tank would give you a lot more options.
I agree to wait until you have the 30 gallon up and running and cycle it before you buy any fish for it. If you put a large active fish like a molly in a 5 gallon there is a higher chance of death. It would suck to buy a fish just to have it die, not to mention lose the money invested.

Have you looked into dwarf puffers?

Thank you guys, It has been very helpful, I will be getting my 30g soon, and I have decided to wait until then to get my other fish. I will keep my 5g as a QT tank, and all of your advice has been so helpful. I have looked into dwarf puffers, and they are very cool! Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom