New to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meudell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Right folks I need help. Had cold water for years moved to tropical but not as good to look at as salt so I want to have a go. I have a spare setup for a tropical tank, only a small 70 litre tank, and I'm wondering if it's possible to convert to a wee nano tank. Thinking of fish with live rock but that's as far as I get. Any advice in what I can salvage from my spare tank or anything else I need ie special lights filters water skimmer, just treat me like a muppet It would be greatly appreciated.

For a FOWLR you do not need special lights.

As far as stocking goes. Use this as a guide. Most will live in a 10 gallon, but I believe yours is close to 20 gallons.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124

For a filter I would use an HOB Aqua Clear filter that can do 50 to 70 gallons of filtration. Heater of course! One nano power head, and 20 pounds of live rock with at least 30 pounds of sand for a good sand bottom!

As far as a skimmer goes, they are good to have! So just get a skimmer that is small HOB. A reef octopus skimmer will work well! I think there is a smaller one that will hang on the back you can buy.

Last edited:
Sorry never scrolled down enough lol

Your a star thanks. I'll let you know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom