new to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvstar400

Aquarium Advice Regular
I start my tank in dec 2012 and now for the second time I am having ich the first time I just put salt in the tank like the told me at the pet store. now I have it again so I watch some youtube video now I am treating it. today is the 5th day any advice

The easiest treatment is to add salt and raise temperature. But first, what fish/plants/inverts are in the tank? What temp is it at now?

Can you provide details of how you treated last time? It is possible you didn't completely eliminate it the first time.

I didn't but now I did they seem find but now aggressive two died

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ich can be dormant on fish even if there are no spots. It is important to continue treatment after the signs of Ich go away. Raising the temperature will increase the speed at which the Ich goes through it's lifecycle.

I so should I raised the temp to what

It's 85 now

I also did a water change a week ago

I don't see that

The heater goes from 85 to 89

Now they all sitting in the bottom of the tank

its common for fish to sit at bottom when they are in the advanced stages of ich. They are lethargic esp if the ich are in the gills it can make breathing difficult you could add a powerhead have it skimming the surface to help oxygen levels this will make it more comfortable for them whilst they are treated for ich.

Should I be worry when the turn upside down their head is down in the gavel

I did a 257 recent water change and add amguel

I test it before I change the water it was .05ppm

They are just still in the tank

Last edited by a moderator:
25% water change

You have two things working against you here. You have an uncycled tank that has Ich. So you are raising the temperature to deal with the Ich which is making the ammonia more toxic.

I would recommend doing 50% changes every day until you get through your Ich problem and can lower the temp again.

The water changes will both remove ammonia as well as bring in clean oxygenated water. Just make sure the water you are bringing in is the same temp as the water in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom