Newbie Apple Snail (breeder?) and crayfish lover!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mambo2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

"I" below should read "we" since my 9 yo daughter started this all in June when she won the class crayfish and needed a better-than-a-bucket house. I've caught the bug, too, because I have a degree in Biology without an outlet!

I have a 10 gal fresh water tank (just added a heater, 78, degrees, air stone) that currently holds 1 crayfish, 1 large, female, apple snail, a pleco and 2 zebra danios. The crayfish has eaten: 1 large pleco, 2 goldfish, 4 danios. The crayfish we have now is a replacement for the first one; it escaped and we never found it! You'd think it would have stunk after a few days. The snail has laid about 15 clutches since 6/12k, I currently have 1 in the breeder tank and 5 more inside the lid of the main tank, and I want to try to hatch them (gave some to the pet store and they haven't been able to hatch them). I also have an 8 gallon tank, rudimentary (no heater but the light seems to keep it at about 72 deg) or air stone), that will be dedicated to the snails. I have a clutch in that one, sitting on some sphagnum moss, a bit wet on the bottom. Both tanks are pretty humid.

Hoping to get some good advice, and hear about failures, on hatching these guys!

Welcome to the AA community

You may wanna look into stock for your 10 gallon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom