Newbie Biocube 8 gal - problems...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmyfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just converted my Biocube from freshwater to salt. Saturday, I added water from my LFS along with 4 lbs of live rock, live sand and cranked it up. Running a Koralia 250gph for circulation. I cut the tab between the first and second chamber, added biomedia on top of maybe 6 bioballs. New pump, new fans and new bulbs.
Sunday afternoon, I went to the LFS with a sample to test. 1.023, nitrates and nitrites were almost zero, ammonia was safe but ph was a tad high. He suggested adding Seachem buffer. I added per the instructions, maybe 4 small measuring spoons mixed in tank water and poured in.
Tonight, I was hoping form sucess, but now my ph is 8.4 and my nitrites and nitrates are high. Ammonia is ok.
I did a water change of 2 gallons and will retest tomorrow night.

What gives? Am i doing anything wrong here?

317259_270190029668693_100000330956307_944790_1449988219_n.jpg

Nothin, they're gonna fluctuate as your tank cycles. Just wait a few weeks till it cycles completely.. Throw a piece of raw shrimp in there.

Ok, tank's cycled. I have a few hermits, turbo snails and a domino damsel.

I picked up a few corals yesterday and epoxied them in place. A couple of frogspawn and a few acans.

What supplements do I need to add to the water?

Attachments

• image-2430361481.jpg
    image-2430361481.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 124
You don't need to add any , if your tank is fully over stocked then u would need to but if u only have a few corals it's not going be enough to deplete the Elements already in the saltwater !

Back
Top Bottom