Newbie setting up 90g comunity tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illetrop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm new to this. Amongst a few other things I just ordered some slate rock, I read that it doesn't effect the ph at all. I rather maintain the ph at a moderate rate then have it shoot up skie high and then being hard to bring it down. Also what's the best wattage bulbs for planted 90g I got aquatic life. It came with one 6000k and a pink one. Pink one is lower wattage.Any advice regarding rocks or anything else will greatly be appreciated
Thanks!

Welcome to the AA community! I'd start a nice thread in the planted section, you'll get more views there. I'd help but I'm not a planted guy and don't wanna give you the wrong advice.

it all depends on what kind of plants you want in there. if you want a low growing like HC or hairgrass you will need more light but if you want to start out with some easy plants that will fill in nicely i would start out with java ferns, java moss, xmass moss, any crypts or anubius.
what is your substrate, i know most will say this doesnt matter but if your not using something like eco complete or floramax you might want to do root tabs

Thanks! yeah I'm using Eco complete , my plants arrive tomorrow. You wouldn't happen to know how much ammonia I should put in my 90 gallon as a start up? Would ya?

Back
Top Bottom