Newbie start up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like what I'm going to do. I made a couple of calls to friends that have sw interest and no one wants him. So looks like back to the lfs he goes. He i a cute little critter though.

You could get a little plastic pet container and put him it there in your tank while you cycle a tank for him. I doubt I would have the ability to set up 2 tanks at a time but it would be cool.

Well seeing as we are still cycling the first tank ( only 1 week in) I don't know how much difference it would make. I just don't have another tank available to put him in. I did have a small hex tank that housed a Beta at one time but I think I got rid of that. I haven't been able to locate it.

Haha yeah. I don't think I would be able to keep one either. I am always interested in the one at my LFS but I don't have the time or money to set up a tank just for him and I don't think my wife would like it too much. Maybe some day. It has been there for a while, I don't think they are supper popular. That's probably why your LFS won't buy him back.

Took it back to the lfs. Didn't want it to die. Next question. The tanks been up a week this coming Tuesday. Uses live rock and live sand. Didn't really want to use fish to cycle but I have two peppermint shrimp in the tank to kill the aptasia anemone so using shrimp isn't a good idea. Any suggestions?

I used hermit crabs to cycle mine. They kept it clean and added waste for a source of nitrogen. The only issue I would see is that you probably don't want to add food or the shrimp may eat that and not the aiptasia. The pep shrimp may be good enough but I don't know.

I only have two pep shrimp. I don't think they will be enough to cycle but I'm new at this so that's why I'm asking.

Back
Top Bottom