Newbie to the saltwater world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe bulk reef supply ships to canada. I think only one type of base rock is avaialble to you though....BUT it is nice rock, I have used it a few times. :)

Ugh this waiting is killing me lol, if I cant wait for my rquipment to come in I dont know how ill surivive the cycle lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It arrived! My powerheads showed up as well as my remora pro-s! Next week im going to start my cycle finally!

Get some water in that thing, you dont want the skimmer running while your cycling.

Sorry about the pics have been busy with work and social life! Here they are any suggestion on positionning or anything is open and wanted justcdont be too mean :p

Attachments

• 1409447487587.jpg
    1409447487587.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 86
  • 1409447501733.jpg
    1409447501733.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 98
The pump hanging from the remora, is it crooked? How do you have it clamped cause that looks like a mag drive pump and they are heavy.
Powerhead placement looks good, the right side one youmight wanna knock down an inch or two. You might be too close to the top of the water and it will make a sucking noise sometimes. :)

The pump on the skimmer was just hung for the picture, I plan to hang it better. Good eye on the mag drive lol. And thanks for the adbice on the powerhead! :)

Because of work thursday is water day grizz haha I am just as anxious as you seem to be but thats what happens when you work two jobs and have a girlfriend :p

lol Im out of room so i cant set up any more, so now if forced to sit back and watch hahaha. :popcorn:

Lol my mom said one tank only. :( I had a 33g as well that I had to close down cause I wanted saltwater. If I had my way Id have thebwhole basement full of tanks. :p

So I got 30 lbs of dry rock last night. I was suppose to get live rock and water as well but my lfs had shipment problems. So for now I am waiting in him lol as I am going through him for my water for the first time fill until I can afford an Ro/Di system.

Attachments

• 1409926878939.jpg
    1409926878939.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 87
Hey everyone sorry about the long delay on everything. We had a family emergency revolving my mom so the tank got put on hold. But she is getting better so the tank can resume!

I have a question quickly about filtration. I have my remora pro S and 50lbs of rock. I have a filter sized up for a 55g will that be enough filtration? And if so what should I put in the filter, I have some crumbled dry rock from chizzeling could I use that as bio balls? Then just carbon? I just dont know if freshwater filtering is the same as saltwater. Thanks!

I run floss (polyfil) for mechanical, and chemi pure or purigen with phosgaurd (when needed) in my hobs. I'd skip the LR rubble as it tends to trap detritus, the floss works great because I just throw it out during the weekly wc and replace.

Update! Water is in everything but live rock is in the tank! Due to me possibly buying a new truck tomorrow I am waiting to see what goes on with that before I buy any live rock. Heres a photo of my tank! Water is a bit murky from the sand and in the middle of doing a water change to resolve that! The rocks arent going to be like that I just moved them while I was pouring water in the tank. Im so excited that its actually starting up now! :)

Attachments

• 1411233621150.jpg
    1411233621150.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom