Newby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluzepher1

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 40b is sitting full of sw, rock curing in tank, hob filter running until sump work complete. What do I need to do to get this party started? Tank has been setup for at least a month.
I want to start buying livestock, but not sure what to do next.
I want fish and corals

My 40b is sitting full of sw, rock curing in tank, hob filter running until sump work complete. What do I need to do to get this party started? Tank has been setup for at least a month. I want to start buying livestock, but not sure what to do next. I want fish and corals

Have you added any kind of ammonia source to start cycling the tank ?
Before you add any live stock you need to cycle it .
Add a raw shrimp from the seafood counter and let nature do it's thing .

My 40b is sitting full of sw, rock curing in tank, hob filter running until sump work complete. What do I need to do to get this party started? Tank has been setup for at least a month. I want to start buying livestock, but not sure what to do next. I want fish and corals

When that is complete and ammonia and nitrite test 0 ppm you are golden .
When you referred to it as a party I would disagree .
It's a very slow time consuming patient party .
Take your time , research and plan everything ( stocking wish , set up , lights ,
And what works for what you plan on stocking .
Cheers !
Keep us posted with your progress please .

After the cycle is complete. I figure to add fish 1st is the correct next step.
I want both gobies and blennies. Will they be ok together. I think a goby
And a shrimp pair are cute. But I also love blennies

Liveaquaria.com is a good place to research compatibility .
As for gobies I know you can't put more then 1 unless they are a mated pair .

I don't think gobies and blennies would be a problem together. they live in different parts (the blenny cruises the rocks while the goby cruises the sand bed). So 1 of each (plus the desired shrimp) shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately I think blennies are just a bad as gobies as far as species specific territorialism goes.
That will leave you plenty of room for some additional fish as well. Once the cycle is complete that is.
What kind of lights do you have?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom