Nicks Scarlet Gem Badis Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a scarlet badis in my 10 gallon for a few months. Just moved him to my 2 month old 40 breeder. Been feeding him live blackworms and the occasional frozen bloodworms. Great little fish. Has such a personality and is a joy to watch. He was shy in the 10 gal with the white skirts and the danios he was with. He buddied up with a young goby I had him sharing the tank with. He has a bit more confidence to move around in 40 and I just drop some live worms near the cave he hangs out in and he eats them up. Thinking about changing out the 10 gallon substrate and doing a fully planted species tank with a few females. I feel like the scarlet badis would definitely shine in a species tank but makes a great addition to a peaceful community. I have some neon tetras that might share the tank for the time being as well. I have a feeling they will feel much more confident with smaller fish.

I had a scarlet badis in my 10 gallon for a few months. Just moved him to my 2 month old 40 breeder. Been feeding him live blackworms and the occasional frozen bloodworms. Great little fish. Has such a personality and is a joy to watch. He was shy in the 10 gal with the white skirts and the danios he was with. He buddied up with a young goby I had him sharing the tank with. He has a bit more confidence to move around in 40 and I just drop some live worms near the cave he hangs out in and he eats them up. Thinking about changing out the 10 gallon substrate and doing a fully planted species tank with a few females. I feel like the scarlet badis would definitely shine in a species tank but makes a great addition to a peaceful community. I have some neon tetras that might share the tank for the time being as well. I have a feeling they will feel much more confident with smaller fish.

which goby do you have? a picture please!

Well when impulsively got the goby he was labeled as a "red stiphodon." Went to look up some info on him and couldn't find a single picture/description that made me believe I had truly purchased a "red stiphodon." With some research and digging I decided that it is actually a Sicyopus exallisquamulus. Definitely a great little fish. Loves to move all around the tank digging little burrows. My computer is having some trouble so I am limited to just phone pictures but here he is.

Attachments

• image-906300287.jpg
    image-906300287.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2291300110.jpg
    image-2291300110.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2218433230.jpg
    image-2218433230.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 72
since i only have freshwater/brackishwater aquariums, gobies are like holy grail for me. cool little stiphodon. I've been trying to get a hold of what's known as the Australian desert goby, stunning color and hardy

Well when impulsively got the goby he was labeled as a "red stiphodon." Went to look up some info on him and couldn't find a single picture/description that made me believe I had truly purchased a "red stiphodon." With some research and digging I decided that it is actually a Sicyopus exallisquamulus. Definitely a great little fish. Loves to move all around the tank digging little burrows. My computer is having some trouble so I am limited to just phone pictures but here he is.

How much did he cost

Back
Top Bottom