night lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gingimaru

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi all :)

just a quick one. do night lights, and when i say night lights i dont mean kiddy night lights i mean things like this Micro LED light blue by Marina | Pets at Home
affect fish sleeping paterns?

i was thinking of getting something like the above light to illuminate my tank at night but i dont know if it would affect my betta's sleeping pattern or if it would affect the shrimp in that they may not notice its night time or something?

this may be a stupid question but better to ask and be told your stupid than to do it and find out later

Well what you would have to do if create a cycle.

So you would need:

Dawn- low lighting to start the cycle of natural day break.

Full day- your full range of lighting (minus the blues)

Dusk- lower lighting to bring the day to a close.

Moonlight- using the blues for maybe an hour or 2

Full darkness- for at least 8 hours to give the fish time to rest without stress.

Your Lighting Question

hi all :)

just a quick one. do night lights, and when i say night lights i dont mean kiddy night lights i mean things like this Micro LED light blue by Marina | Pets at Home
affect fish sleeping paterns?

i was thinking of getting something like the above light to illuminate my tank at night but i dont know if it would affect my betta's sleeping pattern or if it would affect the shrimp in that they may not notice its night time or something?

this may be a stupid question but better to ask and be told your stupid than to do it and find out later

Hello G...

I keep the tank lights on a timer, set for 12 hours on and 12 off. A children's night light won't make any difference to the fish if you use one or not.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello G...

I keep the tank lights on a timer, set for 12 hours on and 12 off. A children's night light won't make any difference to the fish if you use one or not.

B

Think you may have mis understood lol :)

OP was makin a quip about moonlights for tanks and night lights for kids lol.

The actual question was about moonlighting for tanks :)

Yeah i was just clarifying that i wasnt talking of a childrens night light haha. and thank you for that we get a fair amount of light in our room anyway so i may just get the night light so its not such a drastic change when going from day to night time

Back
Top Bottom