Nitrate problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ckingz77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there I posted yesterday about waster changes.I haven't lost fish yet but my nitrates are 80ppm after I did a 40% wc today.Should I just continue to change water until it comes down?Seen on YouTube a guy recommended plants.Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Live plants love nitrates if your fish are compatible, but not enough to help when they are that high. Yes, I'd do another 50-75% wc now and see where that gets you. If its 80 AFTER a big change is be concerned about over feeding, over stocking, or maybe under maintenanced (religious weekly water changes). What size tank, stock, and filter? Are you using a liquid test kit or strips?

Thanks for the info going to change more water Thanks.

Hi. Definitely dilute nitrate with WCs but also check that you are not introducing nitrates from the source water (tap). 80ppm is pretty high, usual suspects are over stocking and over feeding (guilt as charged) and insufficient water changes.

Good stuff I'm learning so much glad I came across this app.Thanks for the inputs people.?

Back
Top Bottom