Nitrite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexgrippy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My nitrite levels are reading a little high in my 35 gal tank. I have fish in there because it was cycled but now the nitrite is high. I tried a 25% water change a week ago and added a bottle of tetra safe start and added a bag of bio media to my HOB filter to boost my bacteria colonies but it's still reading a little high. Will it just take a little bit for the beneficial bacteria to catch back up after adding the extra media? Or should I try something else. Fish are acting fine and there is only a very very slight milkiness to the water when looking at it from the side.

My nitrite levels are reading a little high in my 35 gal tank. I have fish in there because it was cycled but now the nitrite is high. I tried a 25% water change a week ago and added a bottle of tetra safe start and added a bag of bio media to my HOB filter to boost my bacteria colonies but it's still reading a little high. Will it just take a little bit for the beneficial bacteria to catch back up after adding the extra media? Or should I try something else. Fish are acting fine and there is only a very very slight milkiness to the water when looking at it from the side.

Keep doing water changes till it reads zero. Nitrites are very deadly. May not see much reaction right away but is doing damage. You should of had bio media from the start. How long has your tank been cycling?

Until it reads zero you should do daily water changes especially with fish in there.

My filter has a biowheel on it so there was some. I just added extra to give it a boost

Back
Top Bottom