no luck with bubble tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought this GBT about 3 months ago. He was doing great until 2 weeks ago when he moved around the back of some rocks and seems to not inflate much anymore. He's firmly attached to rock so I can't move him. Nothing has changed in my tank since I purchased him. My water parameters have been very stable.
temp..78
cal..440
alk..9.2dkh
mag..1370
nitrate..0.02
sal...1.025
Any suggestions? For some reason the photo shows the BT laying down but it is really vertical on the rock

Attachments

• Bt.jpg
    Bt.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 96
Hello Sniperhank. Seems like one day it was up on top of my rock work and the next day it had moved to the back. Don't recall any changes to the tank or water conditions. Same lighting, same salt mix...really a mystery to me. should I try to move it or just leave it and see what happens?

Is it in a place where it is getting light? If so, I wouldn't move it.
My RBTA didn't move for years. Then I had a parameter spike due to me being at work a lot and missing a water change. Moved to its current location. Didn't move with the latest spike when all the algae in the tank died off, but with two fish fighting over the same spot...ironically right beside it, it moved itself out of the way and has stayed there ever since.

It is getting light but not full light.It seemed to flourish when t was on top of the rocks receiving full light. I know they move to get the best lighting and flow. It also some flow where it is because I can see it moving in the water. Last week I fed it some mysis shrimp and it took it. Could it be starving? I've read that's possible as well

I've never fed my anemone. You don't need to. There are other members who have done the same and had them flourishing for years without any type of issue.
I would say that we will probably never figure out what occurred to cause it to move, it was a stress of some sort that is most likely gone. It could have even been the feeding if it was too large for it to digest.
I would keep an eye on it and see what happens. Is the rock it is attached to easily movable?

Can't move the rock it's on. There are a couple of rocks above it with lots of zoas on them. Guess I'll just wait and see what it wants to do.

Back
Top Bottom