No Time Restraint; How Much for a 75-~100g Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roundar

Aquarium Advice Freak
For those of you who have bought a few tanks. If you were in no hurry to buy a tank, how much would you look to spend on a 75-100sh gallon tank? (from CL and the like.)

I paid $200 for my 125, $225 for my 150. If they had nice fixtures or something like that, I would have paid a bit more. For some reason, 75g tanks around here are really high. You can get 2 or 3 55's for what most people want for a 75. 125's are really common, and so big, that once people decide they dont want them, they sell them cheap to get rid of them.

I paid $200 for my 125, $225 for my 150. If they had nice fixtures or something like that, I would have paid a bit more. For some reason, 75g tanks around here are really high. You can get 2 or 3 55's for what most people want for a 75. 125's are really common, and so big, that once people decide they dont want them, they sell them cheap to get rid of them.

That's funny cause it's the opposite here with 75's going for less than 55's, and can easliy be purchased loaded with lights and and filters for $200. For some reason the larger the tank the cheaper they seem to be.

55's are really cheap here, but that's about it. It's rare to find a good price on a 75+, I found mine after about 6-8 months of checking CL (and getting tons of smaller tanks in the meantime)

I think a good deal to you is like a giveaway to most of us though. Who gets 40 breeders for $10 each??? I think I paid something like 32.9 times as much for mine

Yeah that one was really lucky, the guy had a storage unit full of tanks from some kind of breeder teardown. He said he thought they were keeping lobsters or crawfish or something. He had a ton, we filled the entire trailer up with tanks, otherwise I would've gotten more.

They definitely needed cleaning up and are bottom drilled so needed to be plumbed in or have the holes covered, so there was some work involved.

He still had some a few months later but at the time I didn't foresee a need for any more. (I do now lol)

The 15g tanks were a better deal because they were already painted, totally clean, and stacked up in a guy's garage. He was using them to breed livebearers and gave up on it so I got them all for next to nothing.

Its funny here, you can see 20 gal for as much as 75 g its outrageous! prices vary so m uch. I ended up putting an add when I wanted a 5 foot 120-150 and got a sw set up (140 gal) used sw but tank covers etc wer only 8 m onths old for 300$ sold lights and sw stuff and MADE $$ on that one! my 75 g I traded a Wii only no games etc for an entire set up. 1 55 was given to me by friends, a 150 su was given to me when it was left in a rental next door... the rest obtained here and there. I just kept looking..... find a deal jump on it... Post an add, that was a great way, and made money out of it.

I bought a 55 for $25 with hood and light. But that was an unusually good deal. I would pay no more than $125.

Back
Top Bottom