No toadstool extension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeyswife

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had this toadstool for a month and still no polyp extensions. For the past 3 weeks I've have it in a strong water flow. Yesterday I moved the flow to hit the front glass and still no extension. What do I try now? Is this a toadstool that will have any polyp extension? My water parameters are: No ammonia,nitrites,nitrates. SG 1.025, ALK 4.5, PH 8.1, Calc 450, temp 78.3, trace of phos. I'm doing 20% PWC weekly. I know my PH is a little low. LR was cured in Oct and corals were put in Dec 29. Every thing in the tank seems really happy, I've got a new mushroom growing already. Any input would be great.

Attachments

• 1-15-09002 (Small).jpg
    1-15-09002 (Small).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 100
Well that explains that. Is it going to get really big, is it easy to keep? I'm all new to this.

If you`ll notice it needs moderate water flow and high lighting. I would check your water flow and make sure you are not blasting it to death. Also what kind of lighting do you have?

. Also what kind of lighting do you have?

She has the standard 64 watt PC for the Aquapod. It is at least directly under the lights at mid tank level. Think they will survive ok with the PC's?

This is not what she ordered. she ordered Toad Stool, got shipped Yellow Fiji Leather. Hope she can make the best of it .

Jill has done an excellent job of planning this tank out, it is absolutely beautiful under the actininc , even at night when the blue LED's are on, they light up the Ricordia brilliantly.
Nice tank for the bedroom.
Good job Jill !

I say good job also Jill. Reason I knew it was a yellow fiji is because I had one for awhile. Here is a toadstool.

100_0463-med.jpg

This may be a blessing in disguise, I think a toadstool will get too large for my tank. My Figi is pretty and may suit the tank better. As usual, thanks for thanks info!

So 64w total or two 65w? If so, personally I have not seen many Figi Yellow's survive long-term with such little light output (unless wattage is incorrect). Not that yours couldn't, but just be aware your lighting is not enough ime.

It's 64 w total. I do have it about 8 inches below the lights. I hate that I may not have the equipment to care for this coral.

I pretty well think James is right on the lighting as I had to get rid of mine because I did not have enough light with two VHO bulbs. It was starting to look bad so I took it back. I have since doubled my lighting. I would do as you say and have it in the highest spot right under the lights. Maybe there might be a chance. If it starts to look pale and acting bad then you`ll know. Leathers will do what we call sloughing. Every couple week they will look bad for a day or two but will go back to looking nice. That is normal for leathers and should not be confused toward the lighting problem.

Back
Top Bottom