noise level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosted_msp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just recently got my 55 setup with plain water in it doing general testing. And is loud!
I can here the eshopps 300 overflow the next room over. Not to mention it seems like I'm getting air accumulation in the drain and its bubbling up into the sump.

Anyone got any suggestions on quiting everything down?

List of my equipment
55 gallon
Eshopps 300 overflow
Lifeguard aquatic 2200
1" drain PVC
1/2" return.

It has been a while since I ran an overflow but I recall using a bio ring (or pall ring...the plastic type not ceramic) tied to a length of fishing line and I dropped it down the drain pipe. It helped reduce the noise. Other suggestions I have heard of include placing a length of airline down the drain. I think what it does is allow the water to travel along the whatever is placed in the drain pipe instead of free falling.
Hope this helps. I'm sure other will chime in.

Looks like my pump isn't quite getting 300 gph. ( if I block/regulate the flow coming out of my drain in the sump. It almost kills all noise except the air bubbles) which I think I can get rid of via a vent tube in the sump. Looks like an early trip to Lowes is in store for me tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom