Not so happy mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Evening all had out 190 l tank running for 2 months and 5 glowlight tetras in it.
Bought 3 neon tetras and I male and 1 female mollys yesterday.
The male Molly spends a lot of time down at the bottom of the tank under the filter. The female no too bad. One of the neon died tonight too.
Have done a 25% water change. Not got anything to test with yet.

Evening all had out 190 l tank running for 2 months and 5 glowlight tetras in it.
Bought 3 neon tetras and I male and 1 female mollys yesterday.
The male Molly spends a lot of time down at the bottom of the tank under the filter. The female no too bad. One of the neon died tonight too.
Have done a 25% water change. Not got anything to test with yet.

Its important to get something to test your water parameters, such as an API master test kit to be sure your water quality is safe.

Until you have your test kit do 50% water changes daily to keep levels safe for your fish.

You will also want at least one more female Molly. You should have a ratio of 1 male for every 2 females. And get ready for a lot of babies.

Ok cheers.

50% it is then.
What's the chance of babies(how mamy) with one of each?
Thanks.

Chances for babies. 99% and they can have as few a 1 baby every 4 ish weeks to I have heard of some having as many as 200 at one time.

Calypso77 is right, mollies need 1 male 2 females or more females is better. And it does maybe sound like your pH or Ammonia is pretty high. Just buy some API brand water testing stuff.

Hi I found a ph kit today and it 7.5. Is that ok?

I read somewhere that you can add aquarium salt ?

That ph level is fine. AQ Salt is not needed but Mollies do like having some. Not sure if your other fish could handle to salt tho.

Ok. Thanks. Will be tomorrow or Wednesday when I get paid before I get a full test kit.
Will leave off the salt then.
Thanks.

Evening. Bought a test kits today. All the levels were fine according to the pack.

image-2155697375.jpg

Attachments

• image-2363770383.jpg
    image-2363770383.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 48
That test kit is not good or accurate at all, you need a liquid test kit.

Api liquid master test kit is one of the best and more popular kits.

Back
Top Bottom