not sure if tank is sturdy enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok im starting to get a little nervous considering i have a 45 gallon tank on top of my desk and the water on the left is about a half inch higher then the water on the right obv meaning my floor isn't level, my guess is because its carpet. but i am curious should i be worrying about this or no because its a very slight differance?

I kind of worried also. You consider water weighs a little over 8 lbs per gallon. You multiply that times 45 and that`s a pretty good size piece of weigh on the desk. It`s the same as a 350 lbs person standing on your desk. I`d be worried also.

Ya that was just an estimate i actually vame home and measured and the differance was less then 3/8th the tank was actually tiling forward not side to side i pounded two 2x4 on both sides of the tank in the front to prop it back up you think ill be ok now?

I think I would move it to be safe. Should be good with reinforcement but build a stand anyway. also a tank that isn't level puts a lot of stresson the glass

got no where to put it and like i said the differance in water is very very slight below 3/8th and it cant be moved my room is packed im reinforcing it even more tonight ill be fine thanks tho guys

Back
Top Bottom